Exporting the Address Book from Mozilla Thunderbird
This document will explain how to export the address book from Mozilla Thunderbird as a comma-separated value (.csv) file in order to move it to a new email program, such as the Gmail program associated with your Google Apps for USC account.
Exporting the Address Book to a .CSV file
- In Thunderbird, from the Tools menu, click Address Book.
- Highlight the desired address book in the Address Books list.
NOTE: If you are not sure which to select, choose Personal Address Book.
- In the Address Book, choose the Tools menu and then choose Export.
- Make sure Comma Separated (*.csv) is set in the Save as type: field.
- Choose a location on your computer (such as your Desktop) to save the file and enter a file name in the File name box.
- Click Save.
If you have questions regarding these settings, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TrackBack URL: https://blogs.usc.edu/mt/mt-tb.cgi/8578